Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mini Hershey Bars dressed as Reindeers

I found this cute idea of course on Pinterest and I tried to follow the link but once I got to where you'd find the instructions the link was broken and took you to a non-existent page. Here is what I originally found which was so cute http://pinterest.com/pin/266697609152908311/.




I decided to do mini Hershey bars instead of the large ones which was used in the picture. I bought a few sheets of dark brown paper at Joann's and 1 sheet of a sparkly red they had (I had a sheet of the light brown already at home), I bought some mini googly eyes and some brown pipe cleaners. I first cut the paper into approx 3.50x3.25 pieces (just measure your candy and then double the size so it will wrap around). Then I took a pipe cleaner and cut (2) 2 inch pieces and then (2) smaller pieces probably 1 inch pieces and twisted those around each of the 2inch pieces for the antlers. I use a little tape and glued them down on the already cut dark brown paper. Then I layed the chocolated bar in the middle and wrapped it up. I used a little tape on the back and then I printed up labels that said Happy Holidays From, Keagan and adhered those to the back. I had paper punches at home I had a 1 inch and a 5/8inch you could use any size and any means of cutting the circles out! I used the 1 inch to punch the light brown circles and the 5/8 inch to punch the sparkly red paper. I glued down the light brown with my tape runner and I used a pop up dot to raise the red nose (gives it a 3 dimensional look). Then I glued on the googly eyes and that was it!

They came out super cute! I hope the kids love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment