Monday, December 12, 2011

Hand Print Tree

I LOVED this idea I found on Pinterest for a handprint Christmas tree! There are so many cute ideas for handprint crafts! I made this in just a few hours with my son! So fun and I think it looks adorable! I got the idea from Pinterest but couldn't find any instructions so I just improvised here is what it looked like on Pinterest and then below is my version! http://pinterest.com/pin/237705686551773681/
I just went to Joann's and bought a canvas board, some green, brown & yellow paint and a few of the sponge brushes. I painted one hand and just kept going across the canvas until it looked ok with his hand prints. The great thing about canvas if you drop any paint you just need a sponge and before it dries it wipes right up! So when working with a messy 5 yr old I had no troubles cleaning up any of the spills, etc. Once I got to the top I overlaped a little on the handprint (I bought a smaller canvas). The star was a little tricky so the best thing to do was print one out and trace it and then color it in with paint. It was very easy and completed in a few hours!

1 comment: